Saturday, January 21, 2012

Unhealthy Exposures


                                                                         
                                                                            Source

My daughter is 5 1/2, and I'm already worried that I'm losing control over what she's exposed to. Between school, television, magazines, and her friends, it's becoming more and more difficult to shelter her. For a long time, I didn't allow her to have Barbies, so she wouldn't think she had to have an impossible body shape when she got older. I've since relaxed a bit, but there are still so many things I'm constantly having to watch out for. Most importantly, I do not criticize my body in front of my daughter. I believe this is the fastest way to give your child a complex far too early. They need strong, confident mommies (even on those dreaded "fluffy" days.)

Women are constantly bombarded with images of unrealistic expectations of how we should look. Can't we lay off the Photoshop a bit? I mean, after all, aren't the women they're "fixing" gorgeous enough as they are?

On a lighter note, need a good laugh? Check out this site: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/09/19/funniest-photoshop-fails_n_731037.html#s142134&title=Check_THIS_Out

No comments:

Post a Comment